Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mini Harbor Day Making Event

Well, we have committed to it, a Maker Faire or Mini- Maker Faire. I'm not really sure what to call it but the plan is to host a Making type faire on April 18th, 2015 between the hours of 9 and 1 or 2 pm depending on the level of excitement. We have reserved the site at our school and have begun to get the word out via email to our local list-serve. Next it's time to publish it in our weekly email blast.

The list serve has been amazing and within a day I had lots of help and suggestions. I have contacted UCI, OC stem as well as a local new making club that might be helpful. Tentatively I plan on setting up about 3 tables per project and each project will fit within a zone that might be defined by age appropriate use or the devices used, for example Little bits, or 3D printing.

I now need to put together the layout for the gym where it will be held. I measured it along with the basic 30"x6' table and will use CAD to define the layout, number of tables and zones. I have some ideas but will need to strategize with others to help find the best layout and flow.

1 comment: